Few days ago I have discussed Openbravo POS systen intregation with MySql. Today I will discuss How to built OpenbravoPOS after modification logo, image etc.
- First we have to need environment variable configuration
- Go to System properties
- Select Advanced
- Click Environment variables from bottom
- First create a User variable. Variable name: JAVA_HOME and Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07 its depends upon your jdk installation directory and click ok.
- Now we go System variables part. Select variable name Path and click Edit button. Add at the end of line ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;D:\openbravopos\apache-ant-1.7.1-bin\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin
- C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin its depends upon your jdk installation directory.
- D:\openbravopos\apache-ant-1.7.1-bin\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin its depends upon your Apache ant directory where you extract Apache ant .
- Go to run from start menu, type cmd and click ok button.
- Go to your Openbravopos directory. Suppose your Openbravopos source directory is d: now type command prompt like this E:\Openbravo POS\openbravopos_2.20_src
- Now type ant and press Enter for check Apache ant working or not. If any problem then you will get an error or pos build will be successful. If successful then go to your Openbravopos directory/ build/dist folder and unzip openbravopos_2.20_bin.zip like this zip file.
- Open your extract folder and click start.bat file. If you want default database configuration then click ok or click cancel and configure as your wish.
What is Openbravo POS?
Openbravo POS is the leading open source Point-of-Sale (POS) application for SMEs in the retail industry. It has been designed specifically for touch screens in a range of retail-based businesses, from restaurants, to grocery stores and specialized retailers to department stores. Openbravo POS can be configured to work in any Point-of-Sale environment, creating a feature-rich solution. Openbravo POS and Openbravo ERP can work separately or together depending on user needs.
- Assist customers better by using intuitive forms to manage sales quickly and efficiently
- Get closer to day-to-day business with up to date information for product sales, transactions, stock levels and more, all at your fingertips
- Streamline customer sales and returns with rapid access to accurate product and purchase information in every terminal
- Minimize the cost of a complex, full featured Point-of-Sale network by using an open source solution which is very easy to customize, runs on multiple computer platforms, and supports a large collection of POS hardware
- Share the peace of mind of companies worldwide that have already deployed Openbravo POS and are benefiting from these powerful features
- Because it was built with touch screens in mind, Openbravo POS is designed with particular focus on ease of use. This helps reducing the learning curve for operators while increasing their productivity, allowing staff to spend less time operating the Point-of-Sale and more time attending to customers.
- Openbravo POS offers all the rich functionality demanded by leading retailers. Highly flexible features and a wide range of configuration possibilities allow businesses of every shape and size to adopt Openbravo POS easily.
Openbravo POS supports a wide list of POS hardware including:
- Touch screens
- Bar code scanners
- Receipt printers (Epson TM88iV, Star, Ithaca…)
- Customer displays (Epson LD110, L200…)
- Cash drawers
- Magnetic card readers
Openbravo POS is released under an open source license, with no hidden costs or ties to a particular vendor. This license ensures public access to source code and permissions to freely modify the source code with no usage fees.
Fully developed in Java, Openbravo POS is 100% platform independent and runs in Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X.
If you want to know more about Openbravo POS please click here.
Integration with MySql:
- Openbravo POS
- MySQL Connector/J JDBC driver for MySQL.
- MySql Server
- First installed JDK and MySql Server
- Installed Openbravo POS
- Open Openbravo POS
- Enter with Administrator
- Click configuration from left menu
- Now configure Database
- Driver Library: Browse MySql connector i.e. E:\mysql-connector-java-5.0.8\mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar
- Driver class i.e. com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbname
- User: MySql User
- Password: MySql Password (If empty leave blank)
- Click Save button and restart Openbravo POS system. Automatically MySql database will be created.
If any query don’t hesitate to inform me. I will try my best.